When reporting a claim,
you will need to have this information ready:
- Date and location of the occurrence
- Insurance card
- Insurance information and phone number of the other person
- General description of what happened
- Police department involved and report number
Residential / Commercial
- Board up and dry out if necessary. Do temporary repairs only, to secure the property and prevent further damage. (Do not do any permanent repairs until after the Insurance Adjuster has come out). Hold all receipts for the Adjuster.
- While waiting for the Adjuster to contact you take photos and get repair estimates, if possible. Give these items to the Insurance Adjuster who comes out to see your home. Keep copies of all paperwork.
- When the Adjuster comes out, make sure to get his/her name and phone number for your records.